ChatGPT — End of Google?
When individuals need an information or have a problem/concern, they turn to Google for immediate solution. We sometimes wish, Google could understand what exactly we need and provide us instantly rather than giving us hundreds of thousands of results. Why can’t it work like the Iron Man’s Jarvis?
However, it is not that far now. Have you ever seen a Chat Bot which responds like a human being, suggest or help like a friend, teach like a mentor, fix your code like a senior and what not? It is going to blow your mind.
Welcome to the new Era of technology!! The ChatGPT!
ChatGPT by OpenAI, uses artificial intelligence to speak back and forth with human users on a wide range of subjects. Deploying a machine-learning algorithm, the chatbot scans text across the internet and develops a statistical model that allows it to string words together in response to a given prompt.
As per OpenAI, ChatGPT interacts in a conversational way. The dialogue format makes it possible for ChatGPT to answer follow-up questions, admit its mistakes, challenge incorrect premises, and reject inappropriate requests.
What all ChatGPT can do?
- It can help with general knowledge information.
- Remember what user said in previous conversation.
- Allow users to provide follow-up corrections.
- Trained to decline inappropriate requests.
- It can write a program in any language you prefer on real-time. for example — write classification code sample in sklearn python library.
- It can fix your piece of code and also explain what went wrong and how it can be fixed.
- It can even generate song or rap lyrics
- Even much more….
Some best usages of ChatGPT:
- Make a diet and workout plan
- Generate the next week’s meals with a grocery list
- Create a bedtime story for kids
- Prep for an interview
- Solve mathematical problem
- Fix software program or write a program
- Plan your trip and tell expected expenses
What are its limitations?
- May occasionally generate incorrect information
- May occasionally produce harmful instructions or biased content
- Limited knowledge of world and events after 2021
ChatGPT is in its baby steps therefore it may answer erroneously at times however it’s manner of response will blow your mind. Some users have also extolled the chatbot as a potential alternative search engine, since it generates detailed information instantly on a range of topics. I believe, we can’t compare Google with ChatGPT as ChatGPT can provide more in-depth and nuanced answers to complex questions than a search engine like Google, which is designed to provide a list of relevant web pages in response to a user’s query.
Try ChatGPT here